This week at Church Music Today, we will highlight some of the opportunities that churches in Kentucky have to participate in the Kentucky Baptist Convention’s music and worship department ministries. We will highlight the All-State Children’s Choir, All-State Youth Choir/Instrumental Ensemble, Men’s & Women’s Chorale, and the State Music Conference.
This year, the KBC Music Conference is in Earlanger, KY.
This group is a fellowship of musicians serving in Kentucky Baptist churches. Join the conference and come to the annual celebration in November! Meet new people. Renew friendships. Learn something new from our guest clinicians, and participate in worship with fellow members of the Kentucky Baptist music community.
This year’s guest clinicians include:
- Jeff Johnson, director of choral activities, University of Kentucky
- Robyn Lana, founder/managing artistic director, Cincinnati Children’s Choir
- Randy Edwards, founder/director of programs, Youth Choirs Inc. (YouthCUE)
- Jim Faull, founder and CEO, Worship Ministry Solutions
This years sessions include:
- Ready, Set, Sing
- Conducting Techniques
- Bringing the Bible to Life Using Orff-Schulwerk
- Creating Musical Opportunities for Children’s Church and Sunday School Classes
- Youth Choirs in the 21st Century
- YouthCUE Ministry Opportunities
- Seven Habits of Successful Choir Builders
- Worship Ministry Solutions
The schedule for this retreat can be found here, along with registration information.
Baptists have a rich history in Kentucky. Imbued with the spirit of the Baptist pioneers who conquered the Alleghenies and headed westward with the Gospel of Christ, the state has long taken a leadership role in the life of the Southern Baptist denomination.
The Kentucky Baptist Convention was formed in 1837, eight years before the Southern Baptist Convention was founded in 1845. The Kentucky Baptist Convention is one of the oldest state Baptist conventions.
Visit the KBC website, here.